Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Peanut Gallery: Ulta Professional Brush Cleaner

Note: I will at times be comparing this brush cleaner with my previous brush cleaner, Bare Escentuals Quick Change


Pros:

  • Thorough
    • I've wiped a dry brush on a paper towel until nothing comes off and the brush seems clean (at least clean of makeup particles not necessarily germs) then used this brush cleaner and the amount of makeup that comes off the brush is surprising
  • Sanitizes
    • It's a really quick and easy way to disinfect your brushes in between washes. Not all spray on brush cleaners do this so this is a major plus.
  • Smell
    • pleasant light smell (at least in my opinion)
  • No noticeable residue 
    • Brushes stay soft
  • Affordable

Cons:

  • Dry time
    • With this brush cleaner you are supposed to thoroughly spray the brush and then wipe it clean (versus the Bare Escentuals Quick Change where you are supposed to spray the paper towel or tissue and then wipe the brush with it). The problem with this is that it means the brush takes longer to try. If I'm using the same brush for more than one color for the same look this is kind of inconvenient, however I found that if you spray the paper towel, etc. and wipe the brush with it as you would with the Bare Escentuals Quick Change it still does a thorough job and dries almost instantly.
Cost: $12 for 4 fl oz (versus $18 for 3.7 fl oz of the Bare Escentuals Quick Change)

Overall: This is a great product especially for the price. Baring finding something better between now and then I will definitely buy this product again when I run out (which probably won't be for a while, a little goes  a long way) and I would definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment