Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Peanut Gallery: e.l.f. Essential Shine Eraser

image source: eyesllipsface.com

Many people, including myself, sometimes have problems with their face getting a 'lil too shiny. Oil blotting sheets can be a great, albeit temporary, solution.  I just started using them a few months ago because before I couldn't convince myself to spend money for a few little sheets. I really just didn't want to drop $4-$5 to buy a pack of blotting sheets. Then I found the e.l.f. Essential Shine Erasers at my local Target and they were only $1 so I decided to give them a go.

On their website e.l.f. claims:
"These amazing little sheets instantly absorb oil, minimize pores and mattify shiny skin. Woven texture eradicates shine and keeps skin matte for hours. Green Tea Extract helps re-texturize skin and masking facial imperfections. Travel pack fits neatly into your purse for on-the-go touch-ups. Contains: 50 sheets."

That's an awful lot for one little sheet to do so lets take a look at what it actually does.

- Absorb oil and mattify shiny skin?
       - It does to a very good job of removing oil quickly and easily. The directions say to use one side on your T-zone and the other for the rest of your face but sometimes it may require the use of more than one sheet.

- Minimize pores?
       -Nope, not that I've ever noticed and my pores are rather large so any improvement would be awesome for me. 

-Re-texturize skin and mask imperfections?
       - Not that I noticed. 

-Packaging
        -The packaging is compact and it is very easy to carry in a purse or bag. The way it closes makes it a little difficult to open originally and it can be hard to get out just one sheet.




-Price: $1 for 50 sheets

Overall: So, do they live up to all the promises? Eh, not so much but they do what I need them to do. I don't expect oil blotting sheets to magically shrink my pores or anything like that. They remove oil well and that is what I was looking for. I will definitely buy them again and recommend them to anyone looking for oil blotting sheets.
image source: eyeslipsface.com

If you wanna find out when I put out new reviews and looks don't forget to like Stephanie's Makeup Madness on Facebook! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment