Sunday, May 1, 2011

China Glaze Steals


So a week ago I ran into Ulta with my cousin. While there we made sure to take a look-see in the clearance aisle and I'm very glad I did. I snatched up these three little beauties (China Glaze Nail Lacquers with Hardeners) for $2.99 (+tax) each. I thought I'd post pics and a little feedback on them in case anyone likes them and wants to scour the clearance nail polish bins at their local Ulta. :P


    • Riveter Rouge - a raspberry red color with lots of silver and possibly red glitter (it's hard to tell if some of the glitter is red or if it just looks red due to the surrounding and coating polish)
    • If you click on the picture of the bottle (top row) you can see that the glitter is not super fine glitter. It's not like large very obvious when on your nails glitter but it does make it so that with only one coat the polish is a little rough and still a little bit so with two coats but a top coat smooths it out.
    • I personally think this is a very pretty color (my favorite of the three) and it goes on fairly evenly and covers well (pic shows polish after two coats) Dries pretty quickly for a non-quick dry polish.
    • Pardon the toe shot, it showed more true to color in the pic of my toe nail than of my finger.




    •  Midnight Mission - a steel blue with lots of silver glitter
    • Again if you click on the picture of the bottle (top row) you can see that the glitter is not super fine glitter. It's not like large very obvious when on your nails glitter but it does make it so that with only one coat the polish is a little rough and still a little bit so with two coats but a top coat smooths it out.
    • Goes on fairly evenly and covers in two coats. Dries pretty quickly for a non-quick dry polish.






    •  Hey Doll- a light taupe brown with a little bit of pink to it with very fine glitter (some silver hard to tell if it all is or not because the glitter is so small)
    • The glitter is considerably smaller in this one so it goes on very smooth.
    • In  my oppinion this one doesn't go on quite as evenly as the other two but still covers in two coats. Dries pretty quickly for a non-quick dry polish.

All pictures show polish after two coats. Click for full size image. I haven't been able to test the durability of these yet but China Glaze's polishes are usually pretty durable in my experience.


Like Makeup Madness on Facebook!
fb
You can now keep up with what's new with M.M. right from Facebook! 
(and even see sneak peeks, pics, etc. not posted to the blog :D )
Click on the Facebook icon above to go to the Facebook page for M.M. & click like :D
(clicking the icon will open the page in a new tab)


No comments:

Post a Comment