Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Comments From the Peanut Gallery: NP Set Eye Primer


I purchased this eye primer as an impulse buy a while before I got my Urban Decay Primer Potion. It was a little cheaper than UDPP (which I had been eyeing) so I figured I'd give it a try. I should have read up on it a bit first. -.-'

Price: $15 (available at Target among other places)

The Good:
  • Really nothing outstanding. It doesn’t irritate skin or anything which is a good thing but yea nothing above and beyond

The Bad:
  • It only lasts a few hours, after a few hours my eye makeup smudges and creases and comes off even worse than if I had not worn primer.
  • It's rather oily feeling, ick and esp. at first it comes out rather separated (oil separated from the pigment)

Would I buy this product again: Definitely not. I'd much rather spend a lil more and get a primer that works or trying out ELF's eye primer which is only $1 and I've heard good things about it (I just ordered some so once I get it I'll let you all know what I think) 

So this stuff is only good for when I'm doing looks to photograph but not really go anywhere with. :/ 
Lesson learned, read reviews and ask for opinions first next time.

Note: I know different primers work differently for different people (pardon over use of the word different) due to things like how oily your skin is etc. If you google NP Set eye primer reviews you'll find other reviews for it and see that some people love it some hate it but  I definitely wouldn't recommended it esp if you have oily or combination skin like I do.








Like Makeup Madness on Facebook!
fb
You can now keep up with what's new with M.M. right from Facebook! 
(and even see sneak peeks, pics, etc. not posted to the blog :D )
Click on the Facebook icon above to go to the Facebook page for M.M. & click like :D
(clicking the icon will open the page in a new tab)

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that one! The only primer I see at Walmart is L'oreal's, and probably the same at our other places. I haven't really seen any at Target. But I know everywhere's different. I've been using a $3 one from Hot Topic (I can't find it anymore, tho), and dominantly, I use UDP in Sin. I had the original, but it disappeared.

    I positively HATE when things make my eyelids feel oily (cream to powder eyeshadows, etc.). :\ lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't either... so I prob should have checked into it before buying... lesson learned lol. Target has a few primers available. I know they have the NP one and one by Pixi cosmetics (which has much better reviews than NP but I haven't tried it). Right now I'm using Urban Decay Original Primer Potion and I ordered the E.L.F. eye primer so we'll see how that goes. It's a bummer you can't find the HT one anymore I <3 HT

    Yea I wasn't digging the oily feeling at all >.<

    ReplyDelete